Friday, January 28, 2011

Introduction

Hola! I've been wanting to do this fashion blog for some time now and just finally picked a name.
The title "2000 threads" is inspired by the many fibers present in each person's life. Living in Buenos Aires for roughly six months, many people have asked me my age. Tired of having the
"Sos una nena!" (You're a baby!) discussion, I automatically began to respond that I am 2,000 years old. Each of us in this world possesses a world of stories, and of threads. As we can never get to know every person we come across in our day to day lives, we are left to represent ourselves- in a passing glance- by our exteriors. Whether we use clothing to comment on our adaptation, to set a tone for the day ahead, inspire the people we'd like to be, or any other variety of causes, it is impossible to argue the incredible influence that fashion has in our world.

The goal of this page is to share photos of people I encounter who strike me in passing, using the tools of moda. I have been collecting photos of people here in Argentina, but hope to continue this throughout my travels to come.

Saludos,
Xena

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © 2000 threads
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com